新书推介:《语义网技术体系》
作者:瞿裕忠,胡伟,程龚
   XML论坛     W3CHINA.ORG讨论区     计算机科学论坛     SOAChina论坛     Blog     开放翻译计划     新浪微博  

• 首页
  • 登录
  • 注册
  • 软件下载
  • 资料下载
  • 核心成员
  • 帮助
  •   Add to Google

>> 计算机英语求助,计算机英语翻译互助
    [返回] 中文XML论坛 - 专业的XML技术讨论区休息区『 计算机英语 』 → [分享]How to Learn Any Language 38 查看新帖用户列表

发表一个新主题  发表一个新投票  回复主题  (订阅本版) 您是本帖的第 3827 个阅读者浏览上一篇主题  刷新本主题   树形显示贴子 浏览下一篇主题
     * 贴子主题: [分享]How to Learn Any Language 38 举报  打印  推荐  IE收藏夹 
       本主题类别:     
     telenglish 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

等级:大二期末(Java考了96分!)
      文章:100
      积分:349
      门派:XML.ORG.CN
      注册:2006/4/20

姓名:(无权查看)
    城市:(无权查看)
    院校:(无权查看)
    给telenglish发送一个短消息 把telenglish加入好友 查看telenglish的个人资料 搜索telenglish在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看telenglish的博客楼主
    发贴心情 [分享]How to Learn Any Language 38

How to Learn Any Language 38

NOUN CASES
    Just as ice, water, and steam are merely different forms of the same thing, I, me, my, and mine are merely different forms of the same word. You pick the form according to what CASE you need. (Yes! You already do this in English.) Let’s advance on case now and destroy its mystery before it destroys your enthusiasm.
    Noun (and pronoun) cases turn more people away from learning languages than boot camp turns away from joining the marines. And the same reason underlies both. Those who’ve been there enjoy boosting their own glory by exaggerating the difficulties involved to the intimidated uninitiated.
    “Wait until those drill instructors at Parris Island get a hold of you!” is essentially the same comment as “Wait until you run into all those noun cases!” You may recall with distaste the trouble you had with Latin’s six noun cases. Russian also has six noun cases. Serbo-Croatian has seven. Other languages have even more.
    Anyone studying a language bristling with noun cases knows the sinking feeling of leaving warm, shallow water and running into wave after wave of charts showing nouns that change their endings for no apparent reason!
    You can ride those waves. Those nouns, in fact, change for very good reasons, reasons that are easy to catch on to provided you’re not labouring under the spell of a showoff know-it-all who tells you, “Finnish! Forget it. They have fifteen noun cases in the singular and sixteen in the plural!”
    Fortunately, English has just enough of what we call noun cases to prove they’re nothing to fear.
    Let’s play with the word house. “The house is large.” “The exterior of the house us green.” “Let’s go to the house.” “I see the house.” In all of those sentences, the form of house remains mercifully (for anybody learning English) the same. If there were any reason to strain a point and prove that plain English nouns can have case too, we could confect the sentence “The house’s exterior is green,” and point out that house’s is the genitive case of house.
    To get a fuller example of case, we have to go to our English pronouns. “I have a pen.” “My pen is good.” “Give the pen to me.” “Do you hear me?”
    Look what happened to I as it changed roles in the various sentences. In the sentence “I have a pen,” I is the subject of the sentence. In the sentence “My pen is good,” I has changed to my to express the concept of possession. In the sentence “Give the pen to me,” I becomes the indirect object of the giving, and in the sentence “Do you hear me?” I becomes the direct object of the verb hear.
    If I wanted to discourage you instead of inspire you, I would say, “We have now met the NOMINATIVE case, the GENITIVE case, the DATIVE case, and the ACCUSATIVE case, and we’re all going to stay right here and not come up for air until you can decline (give
    me the lineup of) 189 nouns in all those cases in the language you’d like to learn!” Instead I say let’s move forward and learn how to say things and read things and understand things in the language. You can learn about noun cases and other grammatical complexities exactly the way you learned your uncles and aunts when you were a baby – one hug, one kiss, one lollipop at a time.
    When we carry the noun through all its cases we say we’re DECLINING that noun. Noun cases tip you off to the role of the noun or pronoun in a sentence. Many languages need them to tell you who is doing what to whom. Approach them with a good attitude and you will feel the wisdom of Mark Twain’s little sermon, “Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. No one was there.”

[URL=http://www.telenglish.com.cn]电话英语[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.telenglish.com.cn/yingyupeixun1/index.htm]广州电话英语[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.telenglish.com.cn/yingyupeixundianhuayingyu/index.htm]广州电话学英语[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.telenglish.com.cn/yingyupeixunyoushi/index.htm]广州电话英语课程[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.telenglish.com.cn/yingyupeixunzhenduikehu/index.htm]广州电话学英语[/URL]

收藏   分享  
    顶(0)

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2007/5/17 19:40:00

hjx_221 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

威望:7
      等级:博士一年级
      文章:4607
      积分:24021
      门派:XML.ORG.CN
      注册:2004/8/30

姓名:(无权查看)
    城市:(无权查看)
    院校:(无权查看)
    给hjx_221发送一个短消息 把hjx_221加入好友 查看hjx_221的个人资料 搜索hjx_221在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看hjx_221的博客2
    发贴心情 
    Many languages need them to tell you who is doing what to whom.

----------------------------------------------
    初从文,三年不中;后习武,校场发一矢,中鼓吏,逐之出;遂学医,有所成。自撰一良方,服之,卒~ 
    http://hjx221.blogger.org.cn/

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2007/5/17 22:18:00

GoogleAdSense

等级:大一新生
      文章:1
      积分:50
      门派:无门无派
      院校:未填写
      注册:2007-01-01
    给Google AdSense发送一个短消息 把Google AdSense加入好友 查看Google AdSense的个人资料 搜索Google AdSense在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 访问Google AdSense的主页 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看Google AdSense的博客广告
    2024/5/11 17:39:03

本主题贴数2,分页: [1]

管理选项修改tag | 锁定 | 解锁 | 提升 | 删除 | 移动 | 固顶 | 总固顶 | 奖励 | 惩罚 | 发布公告
    W3C Contributing Supporter! W 3 C h i n a ( since 2003 ) 旗 下 站 点
    苏ICP备05006046号《全国人大常委会关于维护互联网安全的决定》《计算机信息网络国际联网安全保护管理办法》
    62.500ms